A wedding is an occasion for celebrations and the bride and the bridegroom are the center of attention on that special day. Although the bride is the one who receives the most attention, the groom must look good for the very special day. If you are confused about what to wear on your wedding day to look perfect, go for a black tuxedo that fits well and steal the limelight. Apart from weddings, a black tuxedo is suitable for all formal occasions including prom nights, award ceremonies, formal dinners, parties and anniversaries, etc. This article will give you some tips regarding how to dress up perfectly for your big day and how experimenting a bit with accessories can change your look accordingly. You can choose to dress according to the "traditional" or "modern" approach:
- For an afternoon wedding, a traditional black tuxedo is perfect. You can go for a single breasted tuxedo jacket without coattails. Wearing a tuxedo vest and a tie instead of a bow tie and cummerbund for an afternoon wedding would be more appropriate. You can wear an ivory colored tuxedo vest or try some other colors and choose the one you like the most. Bow ties are worn if you want to dress up in most formal style and are not generally worn for daytime ceremonies. An ascot or a four-in-hand tie is considered more appropriate for afternoon weddings.
- If you want to dress according to contemporary fashion trends for your wedding, you have many choices. For an ultra formal daytime affair, wear an updated cutaway and choose matching trousers or striped trousers to pair with it. Wear a white tuxedo shirt and a striped tie or ascot. For a very formal evening, you can wear a black tailcoat and matching accessories.
- If you are planning an evening wedding and want to dress traditionally, then wear a black full dress tailcoat along with white tuxedo vest and tie. Note, you should go for a pure cotton shirt with a turned-down-collar when wearing a four-in-hand tie with tux.
- Single breasted black tuxedo jackets are suitable for men who are short and slim whereas double breasted jackets with a vest and a tie will render a handsome look. If you are the sporty kind with a muscular build, shawl collar tuxedos would fit best. Slim and tall grooms can select any type of tuxedo. The bottom line is to go for a well-tailored tuxedo that follows the lines of the body.
- When it comes to wearing a tux, you can experiment a bit with accessories and change your look accordingly. You can wear a different type of shirt like a winged tip shirt, laydown shirt or a mandarin shirt. You can wear a bow tie and cummerbund or a four-in-hand tie with a tuxedo vest. You can also buy new cufflinks and studs.